Some of the ways I know I clock-out is by social media, checking in on my favorite content creator, or watching my favorite streamer, but how does someone who actually works on these platforms get a break?
2. “One thing I think that calms me down is disconnecting from the internet and the work completely and doing something completely different. It could be reading a book or taking a long walk through my neighborhood. But I feel allowing yourself to disconnect and be in the moment of calmness and stillness helps me recenter and refresh myself in a way.”-Kiera Please
3. “One thing I do is honestly listen to music and catch up on anime I’m behind on. I’m busy 98% of the time so I usually don’t have too much downtime.”-Yuki Crissy
Some like to work out…
4. “Tbh I’ve started exercising a lot to deal with stress because it helps me calm down my emotions! I think that’s the most effective for me or locking my phone and playing a favorite video game.”-Steak President
5. “Work out.”-Jihatsu
6. “It sounds simple, but the main thing I do is take a shower and then unplug from social media for a bit. I give my content time to breathe, and more importantly *myself* time to breathe once I finish something. I also like to go out for a bit and experience “the real world” since content creation is typically a very isolated activity.” –Dela Doll
7. “I actually game a lot to de-stress, but I also will listen and work on music, dance, or do jigsaw puzzles.”-Phalafel
8.”I play my guitar! I love just writing music, making covers and just losing myself in the song.
It’s that or reading. Currently I’m in the middle of Lord of the Rings, Two Towers!”-Black Krystel
9. “Yeah for me I find that if I truly want to unwind, I need to get away from screens and all that and what I’ve liked doing lately is going for a little walk around this park that is near me. Gives me some fresh air and allows me to move away from the screens for a bit.”-Krystalogy
Others like a good piece of cake!
10. “I like diving into a game that I can really get immersed into! Or I binge the anime I’m currently watching!…sometimes I just eat cake lmaooo.” –Shellanin
11. “I definitely stay off my phone after streaming for a few hours as much as I can and I talk to my friends “-ChachiHime
12. “I like to cook as a stress relief. Also I play games on my own since I have to keep up a persona and provide entertainment while streaming. I try to go to the beach at least once a week as well to just have a moment away from everything”-Kawaiiskullsirl
13. “Besides smoke lol I either color, play games, or watch tv.” –Fantastic Frankey
14. “Ooooo I guess I usually listen to music or ASMR and play video games while laying in bed! V relaxing for me.”-Ladiexskull
15. “So what I typically do is treat myself to good snacks and a well-deserved nap! I might even slip in playing a video game like Persona 5 or curling up with a good manga if I feel up to it. Surprisingly enough a lot of people assume I would instinctively watch anime to unwind (which I do sometimes) but since anime is basically my job I like to take a break from it so I can come back fresh!”-Getting Animated
16. “After I’m done working for the day (making my cosplay, posting online, etc.), I usually relax, drink some tea and watch documentaries or play some video games.”
A couple of content creators enjoy getting down in the kitchen as well.
What’s your favorite thing to do to unwind? Maybe you can add a few of these to your relaxation arsenal! Let’s talk about it on the Quirktastic app!
What's Your Reaction?
Hey everyone! ~*~ NYC based cosplayer of 4 years. New streamer on twitch! Space enthusiast, lover of all puppies