I’ve always had a fascination for super natural psychic phenomena. From my innocence, I can recall many sensitivities through my awareness of sight, touch, and sound – but not so much smell or taste.
Watching movies like X men or Harry Potter have always aroused the curiosity for my potential to do the same.
Moments such as thinking of a random person, then receiving a phone call or seeing them within the hour has always spiked my wonder.
What is ‘that’ functionality of our existence that the majority of us experience silently?
Naturally following a path that led to meditation, I slowly began to understand these abilities a bit more.
They came with a few scientific names:
telepathy– the communication of thoughts or ideas by means other than the known senses.
psychokinesis– the ability to move objects by mental effort alone.
telekinesis – the ability to move objects at a distance by mental power or other nonphysical means.
The act of stilling the mind through breath and focus, allows us to understand our sensitivities beyond the well known 5.
These aspects of “6th sense” perception are natural to all people and can be enhanced through mental practices and exercises.
Two authors that I admire in particular are Russell Targ and Jose DeSilva, teachers of natural psychic enhancement. Both men have researched, tested, and gained a certain level of mastery over the understanding of psychic development and control.
Their work has proven thousands of times that the body is simply a tool for the mind to continue to express itself. Listed below are methods from each enthusiast on how to enhance your own natural psychic abilities.
The Silva Mind Control Method
Jose DeSilva expresses the myriad of brain frequencies that alter our natural perception.
With our day to day business of life we are functioning off of a Beta brain wave length or “Outer Consciousness”.
When daydreaming, falling asleep and not quite fully asleep, also waking up but not fully awake – we are in an Alpha brain wave length, an “Inner Consciousness”, as described in the Silva Mind Control Method.
As we sleep our brain wave’s can be in either Beta, Alpha, Theta, or Delta. According to Jose’s principles and studies, we can access Alpha (a measurement of frequency when one is asleep but alert) , at will.
He teaches us how to do so with the following:
- closing your eyes and looking at a 45 degree angle behind your eyelids
- imagining a familiar place, like your home, and changing the colors of the walls or carpets in your mind’s eye. Strengthening the ability to distinguish between what you mentally create and what is.
- setting an intent before sleep, asking your dreams to reveal guidance/answers to you
Those are a few, but with practice, your bound to utilize your mental abilities in a new way. Constant psychic drills will come with new challenges and understanding of these abilities.
Russell Targ & The Limitless Mind
Russell Targ is a scientist and teacher of remote viewing, a mental faculty that allows a perceiver (a “viewer”) to describe or give details about a target that is inaccessible to normal senses due to distance, time, or shielding. – definition by International Remote Viewing Association
Dating back to the 1930’s, scientists have tested and studied on the topics of clairvoyance, telepathy, and OBE’s establishing a foundation for the practice of remote viewing today. Within this meditative state, the practitioner focuses on a target and gathers psychic feedback to report to all involved in the controlled experiments.
A few drills:
- pick a location and focus in your mind on the weather, then check your results afterwards
- when focusing on a target discern the data between what is a memory and what is actual received images/information
- keep your mind still and enter a meditative state
- write, record, or draw what you’ve gathered while having the RV experience, afterwards reflect and witness your reactions to what you see – Never rationalize what you experience
- practice same methods over and over
- after your drills, attempt to draw conclusions over your target and check the accuracy of what you perceived.
- aim for more complex targets as you get better
Interested in tapping in? Let us know your results or experiences with psychic abilities on the Gram!
Photos: instagram, @beingadp